how to get subtitles on itv hub. If subtitles are available for your show, you will see a S or symbol. This icon is located on the screen’s right side, close to the video controls. When the show begins, it suddenly appears. Pressing the S button toggles the subtitles on and off. We will save your favored setting for future use.
If subtitles are available for the show you’re watching, or symbol will appear next to the playback controls when the show begins. To turn subtitles on or off, press the S button. Your selection will be saved for future use.
Live events do not yet have subtitles, but we are working on this feature.
To that end, we’re doing everything we can to make the ITV Hub accessible to as many people as possible.
Subtitles are currently available for roughly 90%-95% of ITV Hub shows on platforms that are directly under our control, and we are working to increase that number to 100%.
Currently, subtitles can be found on: –
- The Android System, Inc.
- Various Apple portable electronic devices
- Web browsers Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox
- Freeview Watch on the latest generation of smart televisions (most 2017 devices and above)
- Comparison of Amazon Fire and Apple TV with Now TV
- Games and streaming devices for Xbox and Roku
- Galaxy S III smart TVs (2017 onwards)
- Chromecast on iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads
- Mirror of the Sky
Subtitles will be made available as soon as possible after a show is uploaded to ITV Hub. It may take a little longer to finish and upload the subtitles for live-broadcast shows like Love Island, This Morning, and I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
Downloaded videos from ITV Hub+ also come with subtitle options.